Black-nosed sheep - Hiking with GPS
Our beautiful black-nosed sheep - true Zermatters - are sure to make your heart beat faster! Especially when you meet them in the wild, where they feel most at home. It's hard to decide whether the animals are just incredibly cute or rather really imposing. It's probably both, because the white fur with black spots and the googly eyes contrast with the impressive, spiral horns.
From July to September, the "black noses" graze at the foot of the Matterhorn on the Gornergrat. Would you like to pay them a visit? That's no problem! To make it easy for you to find the animals, they wear collars with GPS tracking. Use the app to locate the sheep's signal and follow the path. The shepherdess Deborah, who accompanies the flock throughout the summer and looks forward to your visit on the Gornergrat, will also be happy to answer any questions you may have about the animals.
You can find more information about "Meet the Sheep" here.
With our "Black Nose Sheep" package, we offer you the unique opportunity to combine two overnight stays, culinary delights, relaxation in the wellness area and a visit to the sheep.
Even without a package deal, you can buy tickets on site at the reception. The shepherdess is on site for explanations from Tuesdays to Sundays from 1.30 to 3.00 pm.
Included in price
SUMMER SPECIAL: 2 nights between 27.06.2023 and 07.09.2023:
- Pet and cuddle the animals - experience black-nosed sheep up close!
- Gornergrat return ticket to meet the sheep
- Exclusive explanations from shepherd (Tuesdays to Sundays, 13.30 to 15.00 hrs)
- Lunchbox for the day of the hike to see the sheep
- Generous breakfast buffet
- Half board - 5 course dinner (excl. drinks)
- Tea time from 4 to 5 pm
- Free soft drinks in the minibar
- Access to the Julen SPA
- Free WIFI
- Hotel's transfer service from Zermatt railway station or taxi stand to the hotel and back