Visit the sheep barn during February & March
07.02.2018 – 28.03.2018
Join us on Wednesdays to visit the sheep barn. The Julen family holds with over 300 black nose sheeps the largest breeding worldwide.
Every Wednesday from February 7th until March 28th you are welcome to visit the black nose sheep in their barn at the edge of the village of Zermatt. The perfect opportunity for the Julen family to bring their animals even closer to their guests. Join us on Wednesdays on our visit to the sheep at the edge of the village Zermatt. Optionally followed by a lamb menu at the restaurant Julen.
A) Visit at the sheep barn
- meeting point at the entrance of Romantik Hotel Julen at 5.30 pm
- taxi ride to the barn
- at arrival at the farm salutation by a member of the Julen family
- explanation of the interaction between bio gas plant, tourism and farm
- visit the animals with short presentation and possibility to pet and take pictures (seasonal variation of number of animals and species)
- Apero: degustation of the food produced on the farm such as cheese, dried meat and sausage
- taxi ride back to the Romantik Hotel Julen
- option to book the lamb menu ar restaurant Julen for dinner
B) Visit the sheep barn followed by dinner at restaurant Julen
Enjoy the lamb menu at restaurant Julen after the visit at the sheep barn. Alternative menu: 3 course menu with salad buffet, fondue of your choice and dessert of the day.
Guests of the Tradition Julen hotels:
A) Free visit at the sheep barn
B) Lamb menu possible within the half board, kids menu from CHF 10.-
A) Visit at the sheep barn CHF 20.- per adult, kids until the age of 16 for free
B) Visit at the barn plus lamb menu: CHF 72.- per adult, kids free visit plus kids menu from CHF 10.- (to be paid up front)
Visit with dinner at the Restaurant Julen, CHF 62.-
Dates & time
Every Wednesday from February 7th until March 28th 2018 at 5.30 pm
at the reception of the Tradition Julen hotels