Which is the most beautiful in the entire village? At the traditional Shepherd’s Festival in Zen Stecken a prize is awarded to the most beautiful black-nose sheep of the year. Superb entertainment is not only ensured by the beautifully coiffeured sheep, but also a varied festival programme and the birthday party for Zermatt’s mascot, Wolli. This traditional event is guaranteed fun for all the family.
• 10.00 am: Washing the black-nose sheep in the the Tradition Julen stables
• 11.00 am: field church service including music
• Noon: refreshments with traditional Ländler music
• 01.30 pm: election of the most beautiful black-nose sheep
• 3.00 pm: Wolli’s birthday party, games for children, prize-giving including the award for the “Wolli of the Year”